Course Start Dates
December 8th, 2014
An important member of the clinical laboratory team, the phlebotomist works directly with patients to collect and process blood specimens for laboratory testing. Topics covered in the course include anatomy and physiology, laboratory safety, infection control precautions, bloodborne pathogens, specimen collection, and proper needle disposal.
We offer two phlebotomy courses at Fast Response: our Phlebotomy Technician course and an Advanced Phlebotomy Certification course.
Phlebotomy Technician (CPT-1)
Designed for anyone wanting to obtain a CPT-1 certification in phlebotomy. Ideal for those just starting out, changing careers, or seeking to increase their employability.
- Dynamic, relevant classroom training
- Small classes with a maximum 8:1 ratio for skills instruction!
- 100 hour program including 40 hours of Clinical Externship
- Ongoing refresher courses
Advanced CPT-1 Certification
A 20-hour accelerated course meant for those already practicing phlebotomy who need to obtain their CPT-1 under the new CA State standards.
- 1040 hours of phlebotomy experience in California within the past 5 years, documented by an M.D.
- Experience must include at least 50 venipunctures and 10 skin punctures.
- High School Diploma, GED, or college coursework.
This class is great! I would definitely recommend this course to anyone interested in the health field.
I really like the way the lectures had good explanations and humor as well!
The instructors were very complete with both lectures and homework. I am very impressed with this program, nothing needs improvement!
The lectures were presented very well. I understood everything, and the material was very clear to me.
- Flexible payment options available
- Career services
- Day and evening classes
- Clinical externships guaranteed
- Expand your earning potential
- Affiliated with California Dept. of Rehabilitation and Workforce Investment Act eligible provider